March 26, 2014

The Experience of Building a Home


I had been renting an apartment for two years and never really thought of having my own house; honestly I thought that for the moment I was better off like this, than going through all the headaches of hiring a construction services company and building a house or having and agency helping me find one. This was my attitude until four months ago when I decided to see how my finances were and saw that most of the money was going towards rent, so I realized that the best option for me was to get something of my own that would probably cost a bit more than the actual rent but at the end it would be mine.

At first I thought that maybe the best thing was to just go and buy a house that was already built because it is easier and it takes less time. But then I started thinking about it more and realized that If I was going to spend my money on a house then I should invest it wisely and get something I really liked, so hiring a construction company was my final judgment.

I started researching different styles, sizes and beautiful exterior design. What I’ve liked the most about this experience on having a construction services company is that I’ve been able to design my house the way I think is best with everything that I wanted it to have.

 Most people don’t want to go through all of this because they don’t have the time, or maybe enough budget or it might even be like my case, that at first instance I saw it as huge headache to deal with, and it is. But think about it, it’s only going to be for a moment that you will be stressed out, moving up and down, running from here to there; but at the end it will be worth it, you will finally have your own house with the size, design, and space distribution you wanted and won’t continue paying for something that is not yours.